[gna-help] Re: submission of macro - repeat keyboard sequences simulating keystrokes - gna.org (July 07, 2004 - 11:36)

Hi,

I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval at Gna!.

sick_soul@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> A package was submitted to gna.org
> This mail was sent to sick_soul@xxxxxxxx, help@xxxxxxx
>
> Claudio Fontana <sick_soul@xxxxxxxx> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: macro - repeat keyboard sequences simulating keystrokes
> System name: macro
> Type: Programs

> I wrote this program (macro - a terminal keystroke macro system).
>
> It is not groundshaking, but I needed to code it for myself so maybe someone needs this too. It is targeted for  command line geeks and those who like me want everything to be interoperable.
>
> The macro is sent to the program via parameter, as standard input or as a macro file. A "macro" is a set of sequences of keys, which are simulated using the TIOCSTI ioctl call.
>
> This way it is possible, for example, to scrpt around curses-based programs or even  use it as an at(1)-like etc. In the man page included in the package there are descriptions of other uses.
>
> I needed this stuff to make un-friendly programs that are jelous of their data (or simply badly designed) share their output with others, so I wrote this workaround.
>
> Well here is a temporary link to the package:
>
> http://cmdftp.sourceforge.net/cfontana/macro-1.0.1.tar.gz

Before releasing your project under the GPL, please place
copyright notices and permission to copy statements at the beginning
of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt, into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

> Includes a manpage and  an autotools-generated configure script.
>
> Tested under Linux 2.4.20, OpenBSD 3.4, Solaris 9, FreeBSD 4.8,
> NetBSD 1.61, MacOSX 10.2.

While "OpenBSD 3.4, Solaris 9, FreeBSD 4.8, NetBSD 1.61, MacOSX 10.2"
are operating system, Linux 2.4.20 is just a kernel, frequently used
with the GNU sytem.

Regards,

- --
Mathieu Roy

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |

You are on the gna.org mail server.

Generated by mhonarc 2.6.8, Wed Jul 07 16:40:06 2004